Last week when I was in Costco I bought some cantaloupe. When I got home I started to cut it up into chunks so it was ready to eat at a moments notice. By the time I got the knife all the way through the melon Squeak was at my side wanting some cantaloupe right now. In order not to lose hearing or get bruised from the non-stop pounding on my leg I quickly cut up a few chunks for him. He sure loves cantaloupe. After his snack he needed a quick nap so I found him in one of his favorite place. In a box of fabric where he can see all the action. Every time I try to get a picture of his face he turns his head so I asked him why he did that and this is what I got in answer to my question.
Life is never dull with Squeak around to keep you on your toes.
This is the front and back of a Sampler Block of the Month quilt I did for a customer. I quilted it using the Circle Lord Baptist Fan template. In came out very nice in spite of the thread breaking more than I liked.
The weather has also warmed up and our Peony bloomed nicely this week. They sure are pretty but the don't seem to last very long.
Last, but not least before dh went walk about he put up two raised beds for me to use. I'm going to plant some greens veggies and try some cantaloupe and see if I can get anything to grow. They will have a retractable top on them so I can protect them from the birds. They should look and act like mini greenhouses. We'll see how that works.
This is my finish for March. It is a kit from Connecting Threads which I've had quilted for a year or so just needed binding. Finally have it bound and washed. These for some reason aren't some of my better pictures, but it is a really pretty quilt. It measures about 52' x 72". Haven't decided if I'll sell any of these quilts yet or keep them around. Hope to get caught up in the next few weeks.
This is my February Finish. It was a 20 piece Jelly Roll which I did like the youtube video of the Jelly Roll Race. I really like the fall colors and I used a Kona Bay fabric for the back and binding. I quilted it with a new pantograph of leaves which came out very nice. I'm binding my March Finish so hope to be posting it soon.
This is my finish for January. It is a kit from Connecting Threads and I provided the backing and binding. I quilted this with the pantograph called Double Rose Vine. I don't know if you can see it or not, but it looks like the roses are following the barn raising pattern of the quilt.