Sunday, September 16, 2018

Thoughts Going Thru My Mind

I have been thinking a lot lately about America and our Military. There have been members of our family serving in the military since the Civil War and probably before that though I haven't any knowledge of that at this time. In my time (72 years) my 7 brothers have served in the Marines and one in the Air Force all but three have passed away. My husband served 22 years in the Navy during Vietnam and after. He also has 7 brothers most of whom served in the Navy, Army and one in the Air Force. We were very lucky that those in our families who served during the Vietnam War all came home alive. Within the last year I discovered a song written by Sailor Jerry called The Veteran's Hallelujah 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msYPbjFC50w which you can listen to if you click on this link. 

This song really grabs me and makes me think about the times I would hear things on the news and sit worrying, waiting to hear was it happening somewhere near where I knew one of my family members were wondering if they were okay or was someone in uniform going to knock on my door with news I didn't want to hear. The times I stood on the pier watching the ship pull out, then filling the days until I could once again stand on the pier watching that same ship pull back in and waiting to see my husband among all the uniforms. 

We the wives, husbands, kids, parents and other family members are the support staff that make it possible for the men and women of our military to do what they do knowing we are here keeping things running and ready for them to come home to as soon as they can. It is a job that I have been proud to do and it is the way I have served my country. So to all those currently serving and those who have served THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE it is appreciated and to all of us who are support staff I also Thank you for YOUR SUPPORT.

Anita





No comments: