Friday, June 14, 2013

Knitting and Other Happenings


For those of you who knit this helpful tip Ripping Back  was shown on facebook. Since it seems like always have to rip back for one reason or another I'm going to keep it in mind for the next time. I've been knitting a cute little thing called  Lady Londonderry   I'd include a picture but for some reason can't make that happen. If you click on the link it will take you to Ravelry where you can see the item and purchase the pattern if you'd like.  I'm not associated with the designer other than I purchased the pattern to knit. It's an easy knit doing the feather and fan pattern.


I finally have the center of the wedding quilt put together.  I can't get down on the floor and smooth it out nicely, but you get the idea. I don't know if I want to add a narrow border around the center or just add more background to make it queen size. I thought about adding a braid on the top and bottom, but don't know if that would be to much. What do you think?

4 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

I think both of your ideas for a border would work. All depends on how much work you want to do. I've made 3 Lonestars and it seems to me that you can't go wrong by adding more or by leaving it plain. The star is so impressive and powerful that its sure to impress no matter what!

Gail said...

It is looking great. I love your recent links. The one for knitters is such a simple idea, but I never thought to do it that way.

Marg said...

I want to be retired so I can do these big projects. :) Looks mavelous daling. :oD I don't know what the rope thing is but sounds neat. ;o)

Marg said...

Looks mavelous daling. Really jealous that I am not retired to do these big projects. :) I don't know what the rope thing is but it sounds neat.
Love ya!