Saturday, August 22, 2009

Remember Me

We've been really busy trying to finish up with this move. We've moved almost everything but the furniture which we will be moving this trip. We had some cement poured so that we can built the sunroom between the house and the quilt room. It will be nice to sit in the sun this winter without having the cold and wind. The cats will enjoy having a good view of the birds.





I did manage to get some sewing time this trip. I completed a Christmas top I purchased as a kit from either Mary Maxim or Herschenners I can't remember which. I also made new curtains for the kitchen window. They really brighten up the room. I'm going to use the same material and make some for the dining room when we go back. I took extra time and lined up the checks so they are even. That took some doing because it certainly wasn't printed on grain.

I caught Miss Emma enjoying the sun coming through the living room window. I forgot to take the scratch pad for the cats so DH took a spare pad and used it for a guide and made a holder for the pad. It worked really well and the cats enjoyed using it to sharpen their claws. It is really nice to have a handy husband.

I hope to return to blogging on a more regular basis soon. Life should be settling down to a slower pace in the very near future.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hi Anita,
I wondered how you were progressing with your move, it sounds like you are getting there. I love the Christmas quilt, and the curtains look great. Very Cheerful.

Dena said...

Nice job on your Christmas quilt and Miss Emma certainly looks to enjoying the sun.