Monday, March 20, 2017

March and Daylight Savings

Every year it seems like it gets harder when Daylight Savings rolls around. It seems to me that it would be much easier to have Summer hours and Winter hours and not cause so much chaos in peoples lives. Okay, now that my rant is over here's the news from our little corner of Idaho.

Marcus Fabric is having a mug rug contest and I finally discovered some Marcus fabric in my stash so used my Accuquilt Dies and cutter to make my St Patrick's Mug Rug. It was a fun and fast project made much easier with Accuquilt.

Then Accuquilt was having a sale on their Studio Dies so I invested in a few I had been looking at one of which are the Scottie Dog. They would look really cute in a border of a quilt. I have a friend and Accuquilt Customer who has a new Scottie puppy.





As you may have heard we have been having serious flooding here in Southern Idaho from snow melt. We have had a lot of snow this winter and when it started melting fast and the ground was frozen it had no where to go. It's hard to see but the fields and the road are underwater. So the Army Corps of Engineers came in and put these 12" pipes to pump the water into the canals to drain the fields. Our road has become the place people come to see how bad the water is and if it has gone down any.
Fortunately the weather has warmed up into the 50's so it feels like spring here the last few days and has been lovely and just like spring. Now if it just lasts for awhile before it gets to summer. That's pretty much how things are around here.

No comments: