Thursday, May 26, 2016

Catherdral Windows Class

Thursday 9 hardy souls from Magic Valley and Mt Harrison quilt guilds gathered in the McGregor Building at the Rupert Fairgrounds to learn how do make a Catherdral Windows block using a method Billie K from the Desert Sage quilt group in Twin Falls came up with. I think I can safely say that the class was enjoyed by all. We had a good time visiting while we sewed and I think everyone completed their block or were almost done by the end of the class. The block below is the one I finished. My husband really liked it and wanted to know if I was going to make a quilt. I think that I might do a table runner or a wall hanging, but will have to think about a quilt.

The two picture below are pieces to make a Bonnie Hunter quilt called Blue Ridge Beauty from her Scraps and Shirttails Book. I cut more pieces because I wanted more variety in my blues and neutrals. So now I probably have enough to make two or three quilts. I used my Accuquilt Studio to cut the second batch of pieces and it was so much faster than the first batch using a ruler and rotary cutter.

So that's what I have been up to lately. What have you been doing?





1 comment:

Nicole Cope said...

Can you do an update on Eko?