Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Lazy Saturday

Dh is finishing up his summer session at BSU in the next couple of days so he'll have some time to mow grass and catch up with the outside work before the next session starts for the fall. While he was occupied with school work I wandered around the yard and noticed we have a few flowers in bloom.
So I took some pictures of them.
I've also managed to do some knitting. I signed up for Camp Loopy sponsered by the  Loopy Ewe and for the second quarter I am knitting this February Lady Sweater.   
 
 You can get the pattern on Ravelry. I did the Boneyard Shawl also found on Ravelry for the first quarter, but I didn't get it done in time to be in the drawing for a prize. Hope I can do better this quarter. I probably won't be able to do the third quarter but I have at least finished up some knitting anyway. I still need to hide the loose threads on the shawl and block it. I used LYB Amazing Yarn in the Strawberry Fields colorway. I really like this yarn it is soft and warm and easy to knit with it is also washable. I'm doing the FLS (February Lady Sweater) in Cascade 220 wool. Also a really nice yarn to knit with. 
Earlier this year DH made me a yarn bowl after I showed him some picture of the different types on Ravelry.  I suggested he might want to make some in various sizes and he could sell them. Maybe when he gets his Bachelor's done.

Well, that's what I've been doing lately. What fun things have you finished or started this month??            

No comments: