Thursday, February 3, 2011

February Already?

You've probably wondered where I've been and what I've been up to if you haven't just given up on me. Well, I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt that I started at Thanksgiving, writing the instructions to the block I am teaching at one of my quilting guilds this month, and cleaning and sorting paperwork trying to establish some order so taxes won't be such a chore this year. (Who am I kidding on that one).

The green and white block is a Disappearing Four Patch Block. I started with 4 6" squares sewn together and then I cut 1.5" from the center line top, bottom, left and right and turn the 4 center rectangles 90 degrees and sew it all back together. Easy and fast to do.

Monday when I was trying to sew Squeak was making all kinds of

noise unter the sewing table and when I stopped to take a look this is what I found. Squeak had thrown herself away. She is not helpful when it com
es to sewing so everything takes much longer to finish.


Last but not least Connecting Threads has a new feature called Kit Builder. You can build your own kit
and they will send you the kit you built. This one is for a baby quilt and is costing me just under $13.00 pluse the backing.




1 comment:

Candace said...

Your mystery blocks are looking great, love the colors. Its hard to imagine that your D4P started out a humble little 4 patch block. It's very pretty. I can see that your little Squeak is an entertainment in herself.