Friday, October 9, 2009

Crazy Weather

Still haven't unearthed my card reader so I can upload new pictures yet. However, I do have some on file I can use. The reason I bring this up is Kristie at the Cowgirl Quilter asked "What Is On Your Bed", so I went looking for a picture of the quilt on the bed. I have two scrappy quilts on the bed at the moment, but only have a picture of the top quilt. The lump is Emma taking her afternoon nap. If the weather keeps up as it has been we will be adding a third quilt to the bed. So what is on your bed as winter approaches?
The weatherman here says we have had the second warmest September on record and as soon as October hit the temps have been 12 - 15 degrees below what they usually are this time of year. I guess the weather we have been having the last week doesn't usually get like this until Thanksgiving. We had snow the 4th of October which melted in a couple of days.
I have been working on a quilt from Bonnie Hunter's website called Blue Ridge Beauty. I'm hoping to get it pieced and ready to quilt when we bring the quilting machine down in the spring. What have you been making? Have you already started on Christmas gifts? I have started knitting a shawl for a gift, but so far that's about it. Well, guess I'll go snuggle in bed with a couple of quilts and a book for awhile.

1 comment:

KyQuiltlady said...

First time to your blog. I love the nine patch. It looks so soft and warm. I am trying my hand at knitting but not a natural. Be lucky to get a dishcloth made.