Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spring is Just Around the Corner


Here it is the 1st of March already. I have finally managed to put my Scrappy Bargello top together. Now it just needs borders. I'm thinking I'll do a 2" white or yellow border and then a 4 or 5" red border with a yellow backing. Will have to see what I can find that appeals to me. What do you think about those choices? What would you do?
Yesterday I went to Sew Expo in Puyallup. It is one of the largest shows in the country and there are a ton of vendors selling, beads, embroidery programs and supplies, some yarn shops, quilting fabrics and anything associated with sewing and quilting, and of course hundreds of people. I met my friend Shirley and we did the show together. I purchased some thread for the longarm and a pattern to make a giant dahlia quilt from Quiltsmart. They have the patterns printed on fusible interfacing. I've always wanted to make one of these quilts but had heard how hard they were to make so never tried one. Quiltsmart says it is easy to do their way so we'll see. Anyone one else make it to sew expo? How good or bad were you?
Anita

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your bargello! It turned out really nice. I am in the middle of putting the borders on my mine.
I personally would go with the white instead of the yellow=but that's just my perference. I tend not to use alot of yellow. I pin my quilt up, then pin the fabric I want to use for the borders and then sit and look at it for a few hours or days-depending
-until I have a feeling for what I like.
My bargello is red/white/pinks, so the border is a darker red.
Mom and I also attended Sew Expo. We were good. :) I bought 3 patterns. Didn't find any "have to haves".
Talk to you soon.
Cheryl

Quilter Kathy said...

Great bargello!