Saturday, January 3, 2015

Recipe Review

Judy over at Patchwork Times is having a link up for people who would like to review a recipe using a pressure cooker or a link up for all other recipes. Since I was making the recipe below tonight I thought I'd post it here and then link up on her site.

While I was looking for a different soup to use this winter I came across this one. I tried it and DH loves it so he asks for it every couple of weeks. The first time I made it I didn't have some of the ingredients on hand so I substituted. The result was that when I did make the following  recipe Dh liked better with the changes I made the first time I made it.

The things I changed were: I used a small can of diced mild green chili's, 1 can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup and a can of Evaporated milk ( when I have half and half I do use that). Tonight I added a can of corn to it and Dh has made one of his wonderful green salads so we are good to go. If you make it I would love to hear how you liked it. The pictures show before the cream is added and after the cream is added.
 
 
Baked Potato Soup
 
3 bacon strips, diced                                                 

1 small onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

3 T all-purpose flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp dried basil

1/2 tsp pepper

3 c. chicken broth

2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed

1 c. half-and-half cream

1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce

Shredded Cheddar cheese

Minced fresh parsley
 

In large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 T drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in salt, basil and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.  Add the potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce; heat through but do not boil. Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley. Serves 4. Prep time 10 minutes, Cook time 20 minutes - ready in 30 minutes.

No comments: