Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I am not getting much done today it seems. I've been hunting for recipes to use in my birthday present. DH gave me an Nesco Electric Pressure Cooker when I mentioned I thought we should have one. I've used a regular pressure cooker for years, but since getting this one it's the only one I want to use. It is also a slow cooker and has high or low pressure to cook with. Best thing of all I can get it started set the timer and leave which I couldn't do with the old one.


The usual statement of I'm not connected to Nesco in any way other than a satisfied customer. I have their dehydrator also and love it.

I cooked a 3.5 pound chuck roast in it the other day in 45 minutes. Next I'm going to try pinto beans in it. I usually soak them over night and then slow cook them all day with a ham hock and onion on the stove. The recipe book says you can cook dried beans in 3 minutes in the Nesco. I'm going to have to see if that is true. I'll let you know.

On to other things. This week I have been working to get caught up on my Back to Square One going on over at Patchwork Times .
This is my quilt so far:
DH says he really likes it and he thinks it looks like a Stained Glass window. It is really coming out better than I thought it would. Have the next border partially done and hopefully can get it finished and attached by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gail said...

How did the 3 minute beans turn out? That would be amazing if it could really cook that fast!

Jill said...

Love the colors! It's beautiful!