Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Beautiful Day



Today was a beautiful day. It was what October is supposed to be. The last week the trees here have started to turn colors. This is in our back yard this morning. The second picture is looking from the front of the house. Last week the mountains had snow on them which has now almost all melted. The third picture is one I took last week while they were harvesting the potatoe field just down the road from us. The birds are seagulls looking for bugs from the freshly turned earth. We are about 2.5 hours from Salt Lake City which is where the seagulls come from. It seems strange to see them here in the desert.
Last night I finished a shawl, but will have to post pictures of it later. I'm making a couple for gifts for Christmas so until they are given they shall remain a mystery. Hard to believe there arel only 69 days until Christmas. I'd better get busy or I won't be ready in time.




No comments: