Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

There hasn't been much quilting going on here just lots of packing. We have been making a dent and are feeling like the end is in site. Today I turn 62 so I will receive my first social security check in September. It's really hard to believe because I sure don't feel old.

One of the things that has to be done before we sell is to remove the mobil home that we lived in before we built the house. So for the last two weeks my husband has been taking it apart so someone can come in and finish knocking it down and removing all the pieces. We were very comfortable in it so it is kind of sad to see it in this state. This other picture is the supervisor checking in on the progress. It is amazing how much you can accumalate without even trying.
Well, now that I have stayed up to grow older I guess I'll go get my beauty sleep.
Anita

1 comment:

Candace said...

Happy Birthday. I turned 62 this year also, and it is nice to get the check. I don't feel old either, so I think we should feel in our minds that we're not. I think I read that old is always 20 years older than you are, so that sounds good to me. We lived in a mobile home years ago, and although there were 4 of us, sometimes 6 when my SIL and niece lived with us, we fit just fine. Now we are in a house and have 2/3 more room, and the 2 of us barely fit. I think we have too much stuff.