Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year


Well here it is 2008. I have spent my time since Christmas knitting a shawl for my sister-in-law Thelma. It is the Easy Triangle Shawl from the Lion Brand Yarn website. It is a free pattern # 60301. This is the second one of these I have made and it takes me about a week to do one if I knit at night while watching t.v. So now to get it blocked and mailed.
I don't usually make New Year's relolutions, but I have decided that this year I will get my website up and running and start putting together an internet quilt shop as soon as I get moved. I will be starting small and growing as I can. I'm also going to do my best to take pictures of every project that I finish so I can keep track of how much (or how little) I managed to get done. I've joined a community called Raverly on the internet. It is for Knitters and crocheters. It gives you a place to keep track of your stash, needles, projects etc. It is still in the testing phase and is currently by invitiation only so if this is something you might find helpful you can go to http://www.raverly.com/ and get on the list to join.
That's what's new from here so far this year. Let's hear what you have decided to attempt for the New Year.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year! Love the shawl. I also take pix of the things that I have done. More to keep track of them after I've either given them away or sold them. That way I have a record. However, had to go buy a new camera just before Christmas! So I missed the pictures I wanted of the apron I made for Cozy. I have several things in the process and started 2 online classes at Quilt University. That will keep me busy. I also hope to get away for a few days the end of the month as well.
Hope to see you soon,
Cheryl